Blog Update



When I first started my blog more than a year ago, I was working as Director of Communications for a municipality. I had been in that role for five years at the time and felt that I wanted to use the blog, my social media pages and my website to share communications and marketing information that could help someone else – especially those working in local government or for non-profits. Fast forward a year and now, I am no longer in that role. I am back in the for-profit world and have a role that encompasses internal communications, corporate video, media relations and corporate giving.

As you might imagine, starting a new job can be all consuming and for that reason, I have not had a lot of time to draft blog entries, but, my “biggest fan” also known as my boyfriend of 2.5 years suggested I update you all. His advice, which I believe to be good advice, was that I take you all along on my journey as I learn my new role. So, while some of my posts will continue to highlight my previous experience and cover tips and advice as it relates to marketing and communications, moving forward, I will also share challenges I face in my new role and learnings. So, please expect a good mix of all of that moving forward. I am still drinking from the fire hose and soaking in all of the information of my role, but, I do look forward to sharing that with you all. While, I by no means claim to be an expert Corporate Affairs Manager, I can certainly share my journey and in fact, I am looking forward to it!


Happy Thursday and thank you for following this blog!

Comments

  1. Looking forward to learning more about your new adventures with the new job! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment