I hate goodbyes, so, “See you later.”

After six years serving as the Public Affairs Manager, then, Communications Manager and currently, the Director of Communications, today is my last day as a City of Pearland, Texas employee. It has been a pleasure to serve the residents of this amazing City. While I am excited about my new endeavor, I will miss so many of the friends I have made. I’ll reflect fondly on the times I have shared with coworkers like Debbie Schielke, who has been my rockstar and right hand on this journey and the other members of my team, Robert (who says I’m the best supervisor he has ever had 😊), Michael and Mike. I’ll miss you all. To members of the management team who I have worked alongside, especially Dan, Matt, Jennifer, Johnny, Chris, Joel, Cynthia, Roland and so many others, it has been my privilege to work with you! Melissa & Tracy, my fellow Pearland communicators, you both are amazing. I cannot leave out those employees who I’ve enjoyed working with who are no longer with the City like Pam, Mike Leech, Lata and Bonita. And, to the councilmembers who have truly kept my Monday nights interesting, thank you for all that you do. I appreciate you.


I always say, “The true test of success is if you have left something better than when you found it.” Someone told me that is the Girl Scout way; I’m not sure about that part since I was a Girl Scout dropout! But, I can safely say that after production of the City’s first ever 5-year Strategic Communications Plan, six State of the City events, marketing and promotions for countless City of Pearland special events, two website redesigns, creation of six social media pages, three resident newsletters, development of citywide brand guidelines, countless media interviews and a relentless effort to improve Pearland TV offerings, that I have. I am proud of the accomplishments of my crackerjack Communications Department and am glad to have been at the helm.  I look forward to continued success from the group. I hate goodbyes, so, to my coworkers, “See you later.”

Comments